Personal data is only collected on this website to the extent that is technically necessary. Under no circumstances will the collected data be sold or marketed in any other way. We collect personal data for the following purposes. A personal storage of these data does not take place. Nor is this data merged with other data sources. Your IP address will be deleted promptly after your visit to our website.
Use of your data for orders and other service enquiries
When processing your data, your interests worthy of protection are always taken into account in accordance with the statutory provisions. Insofar as our digital offers provide the possibility of entering personal data, we ask you to check for yourself which data you wish to disclose to us. We require the mandatory fields marked as such in order to process the respective enquiry or your order. Any other data collected is voluntary and will be used to optimise our service offer and, if necessary, for statistical purposes.
Use of your data for marketing purposes / newsletter
We also use the data of our customers in accordance with the statutory provisions for our own marketing purposes. Use for our own marketing purposes may also include the sending of postal advertising material or the sending of the cancelled shopping basket by e-mail. In particular, we make sure that our offer is tailored to your needs in the best possible way. Thus, using probability values, we ideally try to present you only with advertising content that is of interest to you. In this context we would like to point out that we also conduct surveys of our registered customers, as we are always interested in your opinion of our range of products and services. Our newsletter gives you the opportunity to receive regular updates on our changing topics either by e-mail or by post. You will only receive this service offer if you have given us your express consent.
You can object to the use of your data for advertising purposes or withdraw your consent at any time by sending a brief written message to the contact addresses given below, without incurring any costs other than the transmission costs according to the basic rates. To unsubscribe from the newsletter, there is also a corresponding link at the end of each newsletter.
By means of individual functionalities of our newsletter, we can automatically track by default which contents of our newsletter are of particular interest to our customers (see also sections "Cookies" and "Use of counting pixels"). We use the results of these pseudonymised evaluations exclusively for the purpose of improving our offer. The results are not assigned to specific persons. Of course you can object to a pseudonymised evaluation of your data for the purpose of improving our offer at any time by sending a short written message to the addresses given below.
Passing on of data
The passing on of personal data to third parties for external advertising purposes is permitted in accordance with the Data Protection Act. However, we have decided to refrain from such commercial disclosure of your data (sale, rental) to third parties. Insofar as it is necessary for order processing and the advertising of our own range of products and services, we will transfer your data to our partner companies in the EU, which will support us in customer service, the delivery of our products and the creation and dispatch of our advertising material. Our data will also be transmitted to the Swiss Post. In this context, the partner may also inform you about the delivery status of your parcels. Our partners have been carefully selected by us and are obliged to us in accordance with the legal provisions to handle your data in confidence and to observe our own data protection standards. In particular, our partners are not permitted to use the data of our customers for advertising purposes for their own use or to pass it on to third parties for their use. We offer you the option of placing your order with us on account. In order to protect ourselves against payment defaults, we therefore carry out credit checks.
Our technical standards
For data transfer we offer you the so-called SSL security procedure (Secure Socket Layer) in connection with a 256-bit encryption. This technology offers the highest level of security and is therefore also used by banks, for example, for data protection in online banking. You can recognise the transmission of encrypted data by the display of a closed key or lock symbol in the lower status bar of your browser.
Security in payment transactions
Mepa offers payment on account or by credit card. All payment methods are comprehensively protected by the above mentioned security standards. If you pay by credit card, we have built in an extra security: This security is provided by requesting the credit card verification number during the ordering process under "payment method". You will find the three-digit card verification number in the signature field on the back of your credit card. Furthermore, we naturally comply with the requirements of the prescribed Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS).
Cookies are small text files that are stored on your terminal device and saved by your browser. Cookies enable our systems to recognise your browser and to present you e.g. our advertising for special offers only with limited frequency. Cookies enable us to adapt our digital offers to your needs optimally. We use so-called "session cookies" in several places. They are automatically deleted at the end of your visit and serve to make our offer more user-friendly, more effective, more secure and more relevant to your interests. Our cookies are protected against being read by third parties by means of the security standards of your browser. The following applies to all data collected in session cookies: they are not used to personally identify visitors to our digital offers. The data will not be merged with a person or the bearer of the pseudonym.
Most web browsers (see help function in the browser menu bar) can be set by you to not accept new cookies, to receive a message that a new cookie has been placed or how to disable all received cookies. For smartphones, tablets and other mobile and stationary devices, you can read the necessary settings in the respective operating instructions. However, we recommend that you leave the cookie functions fully activated, as it is only possible to sensibly control our advertising campaigns with cookies. Cookies do not cause any damage to your terminal device and do not contain viruses.
Authorisation, modification and deletion of personal data
You can view, edit and delete your own data at any time in the "My account" area - using your e-mail address and password. If you have forgotten your password, we offer you a special service: In the "My Account" area on the log-in page you will find the link "Forgot your password?" which will take you to a form which you should fill in and send to us using the e-mail address we have on file. We will then send you a replacement password to this e-mail address. Please note: You should not pass your password on to third parties, always log out of your personal account after use and use SSL encryption during the ordering process whenever it is offered by us.
Right of information and right of objection
Your trust is important to us. Therefore we would like to be available at any time to answer your questions regarding the processing of your personal data. You have the right at any time to information about the data stored by us concerning your person, its origin and recipient as well as the purpose of storage. If you would like to receive information about your data stored with us, please contact us in writing under the keyword "data protection information". We are also obliged to correct, block or delete the data stored about you upon request, provided that other legal regulations (e.g. legal storage obligations) do not conflict with this. If you have any questions or if you wish to exercise your right of objection in one of the cases mentioned, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Use of Google Analytics
1) This website uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service of Google Inc. 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA. Google Analytics uses "cookies", which are text files placed on your computer, to help the website analyze how users use the site. The information generated by the cookie about your use of this website is usually transferred to a Google server in the USA and stored there. However, in the event that IP anonymisation is activated on this website, your IP address will be shortened by Google within member states of the European Union or in other states which are party to the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be transferred to a Google server in the USA and shortened there. On behalf of the operator of this website, Google will use this information to evaluate your use of the website, to compile reports on the website activities and to provide further services to the website operator in connection with the use of the website and the internet.
2) The IP address transmitted by your browser within the framework of Google Analytics is not combined with other data from Google.
3) You can prevent the storage of cookies by adjusting your browser software accordingly; however, we would like to point out that in this case you may not be able to use all functions of this website to their full extent. You can also prevent the collection of data generated by the cookie and related to your use of the website (including your IP address) to Google and the processing of this data by Google by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available under the following link: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de.
4)This website uses Google Analytics with the extension "_anonymizeIp()". This enables IP addresses to be further processed in a shortened form, thus excluding the possibility of personal references. If the data collected about you contains a personal reference, this is immediately excluded and the personal data is therefore deleted immediately.
You can also prevent the collection by Google Analytics by clicking on the following link. An opt-out cookie is set to prevent future collection of your information when you visit this website: Click here to disable Google Analytics.
5) We use Google Analytics to analyse and regularly improve the use of our website. We can use the statistics obtained to improve our offer and make it more interesting for you as a user. For the exceptional cases in which personal data is transferred to the USA, Google has subjected itself to the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework. The legal basis for the use of Google Analytics is Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. f DS-GVO.
6) Third Party Information: Google Dublin, Google Ireland Ltd, Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland, Fax: +353 (1) 436 1001.
Terms and Conditions of Use: http://www.google.com/analytics/terms/de.html,
Overview of Data Protection: http://www.google.com/intl/de/analytics/learn/privacy.html,